Thursday, May 1, 2008

VACATION

I need a vacation. I want a vacation. I am going on a short weekend vacation. I am finally going to go to Memphis. One of my friends from work is retiring this year and I told him the year he retires I will join him and the rest of the "crew" in Memphis for Memphis in May. Well it has finally come and I am leaving tomorrow. I am very excited about getting out of town for the weekend and hanging with people I don't normally associate with outside of my work week. Is it bad that I want to take this trip by myself? Is it bad that I wish I was leaving tonight? I was on Spring Break last week and did not go anywhere. I need to get away from the mundane run around we call our daily lives.

I am going to go and see Graceland. I love Elvis and I am going to be a tourist Saturday morning before the afternoon juices. I would love to see the Civil Rights Museum but I don't think I will have time to do both. Then there is Tunica. But my time is very limited and I am sure I will have to go back to be a true tourist.

Thank you President Bush for the extra money in my pocket this month so I am able to fill up my gas tank twice.

Boss

3 comments:

Xander W said...

I REALLY wish that I was going. I know that i had the opportunity and did not take it. But I realy need a break also. I agree a break by myself!

-k-

Anonymous said...

We all need a break by ourselves. That is part of the reason I am SO looking forward to my upcoming trip to St Louis!!! (Pardon my ignorance, but what is Tunica?) Have fun, be safe. The Bush comment made me LOL!
sio

Laura said...

Tunica is a mini Vegas. It is a lot of fun but I was not able to work it in this time but the is always another trip......