Monday, May 5, 2008

Memphis

Memphis was a blast. It started with the worst car ride I have ever been on. I should of listened to my dad, yea I said that outloud. I was white knuckled driving through 4 different mini-tornado's. That is the only way I can describe it. When you see the signs on the road become wind vanes, you know what I mean. But when I got to Memphis the sun was shining. But it did not last long. We were able to make it to Beale Street for some "fruit juices". We also were able to see Joan Jet and the Blackhearts. That was a great show. I also love to people watch and I love for people to notice me as well. There was a lot of "family" at the music fest and some made references to me that I have it going on. It is nice to hear that. Then the sky opened and it rained for almost 3 hours.

My friend and I had enough to drink and we decided to start making the trek back to the hotel. I heard about this walk but to experience it with someone that is not able to fully hold themselves up is a different story all together. In order to get to the hotel you need to get to highway 55. You need to cross two different ON RAMPS. It can be challenging if you have had too much to drink and not judging your speed vs the speed of the cars correctly. Well, I had to pull my friend back a few times because he thought he could beat the car...... NOT. So we waited for the all clear and then crossed. Remember it is still POURING RAIN. We finally made it to the hotel and I was in the hot shower in 2 minutes flat. Then the pizza was ordered and we drank more beer and then the rest of the crew made it back to the room. To see the look in their eyes, I then realized how we must of looked when we finally made it back. The rain did not cause them to return to home base early, it was the excessive lighting. I really don't know if Sheryl Crow ended up playing or not.

The next day started at 6 AM with one of the crew looking outside and seeing a blue sky.... stay tuned for Saturday's events later.

No comments: