Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gay Men

Today's blog is in relation to yesterday's (Sunday's) activities. "I went to a party at the county jail" just kidding but I warned you all that I love Elvis. Gay men are interesting. They can be equated to teenage girls. No really, think about it..... Gay men are the only people that I know that can break up with their boyfriend Friday morning, hang out with him Friday evening and then go to a party together Sunday afternoon. And when your at the party, sit next to your ex like nothing happened. Then one of them sees another very CUTE boy and say Damm, he's cute!!! WHAT?!?!?!

The activities at the local watering hole were interesting yesterday. There was a strange vibe running through Sunday School. I could not really put my finger on why this was feeling so strange but it was. I was a social butterfly, I talked to people I really have not talked to in a while. And you know what, I am glad I did. I also tried to get one of my friends out of his funk by snapping a few pics........ I don't know how much my friends will enjoy the pic but I thought it was FUNNY, but please do not post it on UTUBE!!!!.

I sometimes take people for granted. I usually call when I want to vent but do I call just to see how they are doing..... no not always. I am glad I came to that realization. I found out that there are other people in my extended circle of friends that care about me deeply. So why is that unique, maybe because I have always known that I can hang out with the boys and party but to actually have a real conversation with them, that was the coolest part. I needed to know that I am not just another pretty face in the sea of men.

Thanks boys, you helped a girl out!!!!!

1 comment:

Yo-Yo said...

Dear Boss,

Let me tell you first that is is the hardest thing in the world to do that, to sit next to a man that JUST ONE DAY AGO was laying next you, telling you that he see's his future and can't imagine me not being in it, that he loves me more than he ever thought he could love anyone, and making love is more intense than anything he has ever experienced... and the next morning he tells me it is all over....

Now 1 day later, I am sitting next to him at a mutual friends birthday party, trying not to scream and hollor, wanting to talk, wanting just a kiss, or a hug, but knowing it wasn't going to happen. So put on that "we can be civil" face and smile...
SMILE HA!!! who the fuck can smile when a man that fills your soul with hope is now drooling over a young pretty boy, and as I said just 1 day ago, he was drooling over me. That is one of the hardest, unfair, evil moments in a persons life.

We all know the gay world is so fucked up at times, non of us know what path life is going to put us on, and who we might be lucky enough to take that trip with.

I have learned a great lesson out of all this...

That it doesn't matter what today gives you, or what tomorrow brings... What matters is to make sure that smile on your face is real, make sure it is not forced, because if it is????

CHANGE SOMETHING!!!! Life is too short not to smile "naturally".

Boss, have a great! and smile, you are loved!

Yo-Yo