Friday, May 30, 2008

8th Graders

8th graders, 8th graders, 8th graders...... there is so much to say about this age. There is so much that people say about this age. I usually defend them, say that they really aren't that bad. Well I am not defending them today. We are 7 days away from summer vacation. They know it, I know it. It is 87 degrees and sunny outside. It is the last period of the day. If I hear my name one more time this class period followed with "Can I go......." I am going to scream.

I am almost looking past next week. We have to finish up a novel we are reading and get the writing portfolio's ready for the high school and yea, they have to take their last reading test. Do you, or better yet, does this school district actually think they are going to take this test seriously? I know, in order for them to put forth some effort, I will need to come up with something to bribe them with. ( I am accepting any donations to help me fund the bribery)!!!!!!

Six Flags day in June 9th. WOW, I can't wait. I can't wait to get out of this building for a day. The kids that are eligible to go are going to be a breeze to handle. The best part of it is that they only have to check in a few times during the day and they can go and enjoy themselves and I can too.
I can enjoy the funnel cakes, the turkey legs, the hand dipped ice cream cone and of course a loan before I go. HA HA HA.

Ok, I am better, I will be able to get through the last 38 minutes of class now. Thanks for listening.

No comments: