Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother’s Day came and went and I think I did a pretty good job with it this year. I actually wished friends of mine happy mother’s day and even got flowers for my partner. I actually thought of positive years and moments that I had with my mom. I was not filled with anger all day; anger because of the fact that my mom left us at such a young age. When I go back home and I see friends and their mothers I try to look at them to see what my mom would like now, in 2008. She died in 1990. That is 18 years? Can it be that long ago? Time does move on and if we don’t sit back and do a silent reflection of our time with someone they will be forgotten. I have not forgotten you mom. I look and act like you more and more every day. Thank you for being my mom.

1 comment:

Rodney Bequette said...

Boss,

Your Mother's day note was bittersweet. I, also, thought about my Mother all day on Sunday. It was very odd. I spent the day going with my someone special to his THREE different mother's homes. That's right, THREE! It was so surreal. SO moving. I miss my mother terribly. I miss her speaking. I miss her laughter. I miss her bitchiness! (I, like you also, am becoming more and more like her!)

It is funny that over the years the hurt fades and the memories become sweeter. The memories of her love, her laughter, her "just being in my corner" aren't so painful anymore. THey still hurt (as I sit here crying!)and I suppose they are supposed to!

You and I both know life isn't and won't be easy.........it just seemed that way with the unconditional love or our mothers.

I know they are together in the next step, the great beyond, or whatever we call it today.....and they are not worried about us......they are enjoying themselves......laughing, crying, waiting.......just like us.

THank you for touching on this. It is just another reason we are as TIGHT as we are....

I love you, my doctor!

xoxox
rodney