Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I must admit that I was one of the crazy people out on Black Friday and I spent some money. I wanted a 32" plasma tv and I got one. I actually had a nice time for the most part. I did get a little crazied in the mall parking lot. I drove around to look for a parking spot but never found one and never got out of the car at the mall. I did my shopping at Wal-Mart, Target, Michael's and Walgreens. You all should be scared if you are lucky enough to get a present from me. HAHA!

I was listening to Y98 this morning and they were talking about gift cards, the pros and cons to the cards and then they mentioned the different stores that are closing around the US. See the link to view the different stores.

http://money.aol.com/special/retail-stores-closing-doors

I am mentioning this because I am one of the lucky few that will not need to worry about layoffs and cut backs. I am very secure in my profession and in my job. The recession has to hit pretty bad for my paycheck to be affected.

But what about my friends that are not in my same field? The shit has not totally hit the fan yet, we, as a society, do not really understand how much we are behind the 8 ball, so to speak. When is it going to hit? My dad and Betty have lost thousands during the Wall Street Collapse. They are fortunate to not have to depend on their investments to live day to day. How many of you need that to live on in 20 years?

What is the answer to this problem? How do we keep our friends and relatives working?

I have several friends that are struggling to make ends meat in their own business. They need all of us!!!!! If you are able, please support Luvy Duvy's at the corner of Arsenal and Jefferson and Tip Top which is located in Soulard at 9th and Victor.
Both places are very dear to me and they would love to spoil you with their good eats.

This crisis we are in will take all of us to get through this. But, isn't that what we are suppose to do? Aren't we told as a little oneS that we are supposeD to look out for our friends?

Let's look out for each other. If someone needs a helping hand and you can help, do so.

Hope to see you all at Luvy Duvy's or Tip Top.

PEACE

2 comments:

Rodney Bequette said...

Bootie,

I agree completely with your post. In this extemely uncertain economic state of America, we must band together as friends and family.

I, like every other American, have been forced to cut back expenses. I do want to support Luvy Duvy's, and I will support them. They are not just a business, but my sisters. We should all go back to our summer breakfast bull sessions at the cafe. I will send out an email this morning.

As far as shopping. Yes, I couldn't believe you did it either! You continue to amaze me with the small changes in your life! I, personally, went out on Black Friday for about 30 minutes and could not deal with the snappy clerks or the crowds!

Love the TV!

love your bootie!

rodney

Laura said...

It would be nice if our Mayor, that wants to be reelected, get out in the city and start a campaign to go to the local business and support the mom and pop businesses and not the francises. This was Cassady's statement and I totally agree with her.

We need to rally around our friends. We might not spend as much as we have in the past but we can spend something and that will help the bottom line.

I have made small changes and Terri said something to that effect this morning as well. I am glad people notice the small changes. I am trying to change little things.

But I will never change who I am or what I stand up for.

I must say, a friend of mine was surprised that I would not turn my back on a friend of mine. This person wanted me to just turn my back and walk away from years of friendship. I told that person that once I am a friend, I am a friend for life. I will not turn my back on anyone, for any reason. I will make sure a person knows my feelings and concerns but I will not turn my back on anyone.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.