Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Trip to Illinois

I am up in Sycamore,IL. If you do not know where that is, just think of where Northern Illinois University is located and you can get a general idea where Sycamore is. My dad and Betty live here in a very nice home. I even have my own room. They call it a spare room but actually it is my room.

We went to visit my grandparents today. This is my dad's dad and his wife of 26 years, Helen. I wanted to watch part of the Bears game with my grandfather today. I really would of thought the Bears would of had more heart in them. If they would of won, they would of been in the playoffs. They faltered in the 2nd half. It was just really nice sitting with my grandfather watching a football team that I grew up with.

Dad and Betty soon came by and Helen came back from her visiting. I was very happy to see Helen not in the apartment today. She hates just sitting in her recliner, she loves to talk. She does not have all of her hearing but she can talk. She tries to follow most of the conversations, but they are too fast for her. I was glad to hear that after lunch she went walking.

Then after we took my grandparents to their dinner we headed to our dinner. I love the local pizza place in Homewood. We meet my brother and his family and had a Christmas celebration with them. His daughters are getting so big and mature. Amanda is on the second book in the Twlight series...... I guess I will need to pick this book up so I can have some intelligent conversations with her about this author. She thinks this author is the JK Rowlings of her time. It does help when a movie comes out to help promote the series of books. Please excuse me if I do not spell all the names right.......

Malorie loved the fact that she had the biggest bag of "Stuff". She is really into art so I was able to find her a cool art set with a black sketch pad. She also got two hand held games that she wanted. I was also very impressed with the fact that she was very good at sharing her games with her sister and her sister's friend.

I did kid Amanda about the scarf that she was suppose to knit me....... I was looking for it in her present to me....... I will keep bugging her about it........ :) Well it is getting late and I want to read my new John Grishman book. I will post some pictures when I get back home from my trip. See ya all soon, if not please have a great New Year's Eve and go into 2009 with a bang.

1 comment:

Xander W said...

You will HATE the Twilight series. Too much fantasy. I think that J.K. Rowlings paved the way for Stephanie Meyers. It is hard to compare them, as they are really different generas. The Harry Potter movies are better done.