Monday, August 25, 2008

My Memphis Pictures


I did not know that Elvis was a duck fan. This is right outside the Peabody Hotel.


The ducks are leaving for the day.


The Peabody Hotel was beautiful but I was not about to spend $350.00 to spend the night there.




This couple was nice enough to share a table with us. The live music on Beale Street is AMAZING!



Memphis Here we come. It was a hot and steamy weekend in Memphis so we had to keep ourselves cooled down in the evenings on Beale Street.








I am a HUGE Elvis fan, so of course I was going to take "The Three Hour Tour" of Graceland for the second time in 3 months.
I hope you enjoyed my pictures of Memphis. I will work on the ones from South Carolina later this week.










Memphis Here we come. It was a hot and steamy weekend in Memphis so we had to keep ourselves cooled down in the evenings on Beale Street.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I could have missed all this, but I really didn't know how big of an Elvis fan you are! Is this a recent thing, or did I somehow block it from my memory?

The pics are great! And, what is the deal with the ducks? (Obviously, I am not a huge Elvis fan. . .)

Glad to see you making entries again!
xo
sio

Laura said...

I am a huge Elvis fan. So were both of my parents. The ducks are famous because they walk on a red carpet and swim in the fountain during the day and then walk back to the elevator on a red carpet. They also live on the top floor of the hotel.

So when are you going to update your blog?