Thursday, November 6, 2008

Historic Election

It was a historic election from how much money was spent to how many people voted to the wait time at the polls. I opted out of the wait time at the polls and vote by absentee vote last Friday.

My observation and only my observation: I have noticed this country sliding backwards on many fundamental issues. I have noticed an increase in racism. I have noticed an increase in losing human rights.

I can't understand why Arkansas would even think of not allowing people in same sex relationships to lose the right to foster or adopt children. THIS IS 2008 RIGHT?

So Arkansas wants the kids, that could have loving homes, stay in situations that seems to breed more and more unstable kids because they are in homes that really don't want them but the people that run these homes want the governments money?

That is what it all boils down to. People want the governments money. Why else would a state decide that people who love each other and have committed to each other can not raise children that have been given away. Why not? Why would the people vote for this? I hope it is not a national trend. If it becomes one, like the gay marriage amendments, we, as a people as a nation are in trouble. Also, why have I not heard about this before it was over? Where was the news coverage on that?

The news can cover how ridiculous Sarah Palin is but we can't hear about states taking away rights of their people?

I have witnessed a part of our history but it is not all rosey as it seems.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't forget that it is ARKANSAS that you are referring to regarding ignorance. Too many people are just plain ingnorant of something or somebody who is different. There are just a lot of ignorant people out in the world and it is very sad. I completely agree that our system is outrageous that too many children are left in horrible situations especially when there are many loving families that would take great care of children. However, I am still optimistic that with the election of President Obama that is the first step in making major changes.