Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day One continued

Well I went to the Cardinal baseball game last night. I can honestly say, I did not watch a lot of the game. I was doing what I normally do, socializing with friends. I love that about the atmosphere of the stadium. But at the end of the game, I soon had reality smack me in the face. Why are people hateful? Why are people so narrow minded that they can't be comfortable with other lifestyles? Last time I checked, this was 2008. A lot has transpired with our society when it comes to alternative life styles. Why are straight men so threatened by the thought of alternative life styles? Why can't we just get along on this earth?

I will say, I was very proud of myself because I could of gotten in a physical altercation with him and his stupid girlfriend but I chose to use my words instead. That is what I try to teach the children I come in contact with; use your words not your fists. But I must say, it was very tempting. Another part of me was very disappointed in myself. I should know by now to turn the other cheek and just shake my head and pity the fool because if you are that narrow minded then I can not change anything.

But at the same time, after we got back to the bar a person that was on the shuttle with us, told me that they were taking bets on me to level him. And someone also told me that they agreed with my argument and felt that the guy was being an asshole. Here is another thing about society, if two different people felt that way on the shuttle why didn't they stand up with me against this bigot? See what I mean about our society? We know what is right but we don't always do what is right.

I will continue to stand up for myself and others if I deem it necessary. Not just on this topic but in any situation. I have had the opportunity to post on someone else's blog before creating my own. I have been able to voice my opinion and also be able to get to know others that way as well. I have grown through that process. I welcome any comments and wish everyone a great day. It is finally a nice, spring day in St. Louis.

3 comments:

Rodney Bequette said...

Well it is about damn time!!

Sounds good baby.......glad to have you along with me in the 21st century!!

Love you!!!

your younger, prettier, brother!

Yo-Yo said...

Boss:

So how does it feel to start a new branch off this crazy tree called LIFE? (your blog)

I have to say I am impressed at your ability to withhold / control your physical anger, and deal with the situation as an adult...but not surprised at what you had to deal with in reference to the asshole bigot at the game. I agree words should be used , not fists, although there are times when words aren't enough, and I can promise you this... If I were there I would have had your back!

People praised you for your words (after), but as you said, where were they when you needed them, their strength as a group?

Wow, Boss you have your own blog.... I guess I don't even need one, I can just vent on everyone else's. lol

We (family) as individuals, as a family, and a minority deserve equal rights, equal say, and equal respect.
So I say... Stand up, my friend, be noticed, be respected, be proud. you deserve it, you earned it, so why not demand it!!!

I look forward to following your journey called life through this blog as I do with a few others.

Enjoy this day of spring, for today I declare is your day.

I shall sing you a song tonight! lol

Yo-Yo

Anonymous said...

Wow! A Blog?! I look forward to reading your blog commentary on society, etc. Could I do a blog? Hmmm. I am very intrigued. . . let me know how you like it. :) Sio