Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Being Busy

You know there is much to say for being busy. If you are busy, you don't really have to reflect. If you are busy, you are usually surrounded by people. If you are busy, you can tell yourself you do not have time to .......... do whatever it is you are avoiding.

I took a step yesterday to slow down and think about what I want. I want my own room, my own space. I want it organized the way I want and need it, not what is convient for others. I took the first step yesterday and bought some plastic containers to organize some of my clothes. Then I went home and and worked on getting something accomplished. And within an hour it was amazing how much I did. Terri even worked on getting her scrapbook stuff out of the room that is going to be mine for now on.

This was not easy for either one of us. We saw our dream diminish. So I had to sit and reflect on that for a few minutes. Terri offered to do more in the room and I told her that we have done enough for one night. I just wanted to close the door and reflect. She left and I sat and looked around. Yea I could of gotten really depressed because I could of felt as if I was being reduced to one room but that is not reality. I have a house, a nice house. It will become a house sharing instead of a partnership but that is ok. It will be ok. I know it all takes time.

I will work to get the bedroom the way I will be the most comfortable in and then I will finally purchase a bed and get off the damm air mattress. Once again, it takes time. I have time. But I do want to get to the point that I feel COMFORTABLE in the house and not feel as though I can't say what is on my mind or do what I would like. If I want to stay up until 5 am I can and will and if I want to be in bed by 7 pm I can and will.

These are my thoughts from the last few days.

Later,

BOSS

2 comments:

Kim said...

I totally understand what you're going through. All I can offer you is a double sized airmatress and a couple of ears for listening. Anytime you need me just call. Love ya, Kimmie

Laura said...

I have an air mattress.... why would I need another one?

Just having some fun. Thanks for your support. It means a lot to me.