Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mid June

Well this is the second week of summer school and I have 3 more weeks to go. It is going to be a long 3 weeks. :( I have given the students an opportunity to work in groups today and I think that seems to help a little bit. Them staying focused on the assignment is the tough part.

My personal life has had it ups and downs. I am struggling to remain calm in my living situation. I am tired of being treated like I am one of Terri's kids and she seems to think she has the final say as to what happens at the house. I am going to live my life and if that makes her uncomfortable there are places she can go. I know that might sound harsh and hateful but I am at my wits ends. We have had several discusssions on how the living arrangements can change and I am sure there will be a change in my address in the next few months.

Now to the ups. Kadee is a blessing. I am not a church-going person but I also believe that there is a reason for people to meet. I met Kadee back in September of 08 and we met again this spring. I am enjoying my time with her and she is certaintly a calming influence in my life. And she is FUN. She is OUTGOING. She is well READ. Did I say she is FUN?

I am looking forward to Friday at the pool with friends. It is starting to get hot in St. Louis and a nice cool pool is perfect. This Sunday is Father's day and I will not be in Chicago with my dad, grandfather and brother but they will be in my thoughts for sure. I hope you they have a great day.

I am working on my Master's degree through Ashford University in Iowa. It is an online program and I love it. I have completed one class and I am on my second class. I am enjoying the new technology I am learning to help with my teaching.

OK back to work,

Have a great weekend everyone.

Laura

No comments: